Thursday 4 November 2010

Research!

Below are a selection of images from a animation called The Gruffalo, the reason I was interested in this was that they are 3D digitally created models but they have been made and textured to look like claymation! This is perfect for reference and when I am planning to texture as I plan to use Zbrush for those finer textures.

This is a image from the the film Open Season, the reason this caught my eye was because of the shapes and style of the Deer. Although its not completely what I am doing but it gives me ideas on how to shape my characters nose and maybe other features.
Below are images from the film Hoodwinked, the goat character in this is awesome! He uses his horns as away to show his emotion as they move and stretch through out. What mainly caught my eye was the texture and colours. I plan to do texture tests once I have created a base mesh. Also the hands are something I am going to use as reference when creating my base mesh to test different types of hands (more human style hands or more actual goat style).

No comments:

Post a Comment